From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: What is "The Apache Way"?
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 21:20:00 GMT
Marvin, it doesn't need "assigning". Just step up and do it. There may not be full consensus
on the value of this, but I think there are enough people saying it has value to mean that
it has some value.

Note the overlapping mails from Jim. I think it makes a huge amount of sense to have budget
to deliver the words on a page (as opposed to doing the hard work of building consensus on
what needs to be said by those words). That being said if you can deliver without budget to
support the effort that's all the better.

Ross

Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: Bertrand Delacretaz [mailto:bdelacretaz@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:59 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: What is "The Apache Way"?

On Tuesday, January 13, 2015, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>
wrote:

> ...If the Board is willing to commission such a document, I will make
> it
happen....

That would be fantastic, I think you'd do a great job in coordinating this effort.

As you say I do care a lot about those things, but I often lack the continuous attention that's
needed to finalize the set of document that we need. If you're willing to take on this coordination
and leadership effort (on comdev I guess) you have my big +1.

-Bertrand