From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Volunteer to Shepherd
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 13:20:52 GMT

> On Dec 18, 2014, at 9:32 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 7:33 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgoetz@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I’d like to volunteer to help out as a shepherd.
>>
>> Super! I hope you find the experience broadening.
>
> Huge +1 to that! We are always in need of shepherds.

My perspective, the entire IPMC cannot hope to mentor every podling and so that task is assigned
to mentors.  Now, since there is no accountability for the mentors we have shepherds to monitor
the mentors; if we always had fantastic mentors the relatively new role of shepherds would
not exist.

Now, we must monitor the shepherds.  Effectively monitoring the monitors who monitor the monitors
who monitor the podlings…

We are placing our focus on the wrong problem, jmho.

Regards,
Alan