From Chip Childers <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proposal: mentor re-boot
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 16:41:33 GMT
On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 05:20:40PM -0800, Henry Saputra wrote:
> +1
>
> I would recommend to remove that particular line about mentor staying
> as mentor sake.
> Either mentors join in as full fledge PMC (and as committer) or not at all.

+1, with the one comment that I've heard the board(s) review a list of
initial PMC members to be sure that they believe there is enough
experience within the PMC (typically by seeing if there are mentors and
/ or ASF members).

IMO, this is likely a bit of a backstop in situations where a TLP would
otherwise be an island.