From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Votes for git repos - commit id vs tag
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 13:58:22 GMT
All,

I was looking through the incubator site and I don't see anything definite.

Whenever a podling goes for a vote, and they include a git tag in their
vote message, it's typically asked to change to a commit id.  It seems to
me this is done for the reproducible builds concept.  Tags are mutable, and
therefore could be changed and rebuilding a tag could give you a different
result.

So, is this the right understanding? Do we want to ask podlings to always
submit a git commit id?  If so, is there a place in the website we can
clarify this?

Thanks,

John