From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Process over Ego [Was: Re: Incubator report sign-off
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 09:09:57 GMT
On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 12:54 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@apache.org> wrote:
> ...It would be sad if this Incubator Community disappears in the proposed
> move of incubating project to be reporting directly to the ASF Board...

With my board member hat on, you can count on a strong -1 from me on
that suggestion. I suspect I'm not the only board member with that
opinion, so if people actually think of making this happen it might be
worth polling the board first to avoid wasting time discussing that
option.

Once again, IMO focusing on actual concrete problems like we started
listing at https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/IncubatorIssues2013 would
be much more productive than blowing the whole thing up in the hope
that it will somewhat re-materialize in a better form.

-Bertrand