From Marko Rodriguez <okramma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] TinkerPop: A Graph Computing Framework
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 17:32:55 GMT
Hello,

Apologies for the noise on the list. We have a champion and Dave is working to select mentors
he think are best for TinkerPop.

After that, we will iterate on the proposal and the submit it for approval.

Thank you,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com

On Dec 30, 2014, at 10:14 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com> wrote:

> I followed the thread and tried to stay away, because there's a lot of potential for
noise.

> If the IPMC were to take a vote on the tinkerpop proposal today it would not pass. At
the very least it's incomplete. Engaging in a conversation on this list to finalize it is,
imho, not the most productive way of using everybody's time and it could get confusing. For
that reason the best course of action is for you, the podling, to choose at least 3 mentors
who you think would provide good guidance and mentorship. You want to grow a strong community
relatively fast, graduate from incubation and get more familiar with the Apache Way (I assume
those who suggested to you to become an ASF project understand the benefits well). You already
have a few experienced ASF members who offered their help as mentors. Talk to David, you have
an excellent champion now, ask him to help you choose your mentors. Then pester your mentors
and ask them what you want to know. Make sure you understand what you sign up for by moving
the project governance to ASF. Next step, finalize the proposal and only then continue this
discussion. It'll be more targeted and things will go faster.

> My $0.02,
> Hadrian
>

> On 12/29/2014 03:30 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
>>

>> On 12/17/2014 02:09 PM, Marko Rodriguez wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> My name is Marko A. Rodriguez and am a co-founder of TinkerPop
>>> (http://tinkerpop.com). There has been positive pressure on us (both
>>> internally and externally) to move TinkerPop to The Apache Foundation.
>>> This email contains our proposal and I, on behalf of TinkerPop, thank
>>> you for spending your time reading it.
>>

>> After catching up on the conversation, and reading a little bit about your project
and community, I would be honored if you would consider my offer to be a Mentor for your project.