From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] TinkerPop: A Graph Computing Framework
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 17:14:56 GMT
I followed the thread and tried to stay away, because there's a lot of
potential for noise.

If the IPMC were to take a vote on the tinkerpop proposal today it would
not pass. At the very least it's incomplete. Engaging in a conversation
on this list to finalize it is, imho, not the most productive way of
using everybody's time and it could get confusing. For that reason the
best course of action is for you, the podling, to choose at least 3
mentors who you think would provide good guidance and mentorship. You
want to grow a strong community relatively fast, graduate from
incubation and get more familiar with the Apache Way (I assume those who
suggested to you to become an ASF project understand the benefits well).
You already have a few experienced ASF members who offered their help as
mentors. Talk to David, you have an excellent champion now, ask him to
help you choose your mentors. Then pester your mentors and ask them what
you want to know. Make sure you understand what you sign up for by
moving the project governance to ASF. Next step, finalize the proposal
and only then continue this discussion. It'll be more targeted and
things will go faster.

My $0.02,
Hadrian