From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Incubator report sign-off
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2014 14:28:21 GMT

On 12/19/2014 02:20 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (3980) wrote:
> What it would do however if we simply did away with the notion of the
> IPMC/Incubator/etc., is to return to the notion of pTLPs which were
> proposed earlier which I would most wholeheartedly support.

Having read more, and understood more, and consumed more coffee ...

I wonder if we might implement this proposal with one incoming project,
as a test, under close observation by the board and the IPMC? Might be
seen as grossly unfair by the project that remain in the old regime (or,
who knows, maybe also by the test project), but it might give us some
deeper insight into whether this fixes anything?

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon