From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept corinthia into incubator
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2014 11:40:57 GMT
On 03/12/2014 jan i wrote:
> AOO developers suggested to start a new project, without the history. See
> also comments in this thread from pescetti (chair of AOO)

I agree, and let me add (of course, as an individual and not as the
current chair of OpenOffice): at this stage, it would not be beneficial
to either OpenOffice or Corinthia to have Corinthia as part of
OpenOffice. This reinforces my +1.

Things may well change at a later stage and, who knows, the projects
could merge and maybe share branding. But at the moment it is important
that Corinthia is given its own space to grow. Since there are common
technologies and expertise, for sure occasional updates about Corinthia
won't be considered off-topic on the OpenOffice lists.

Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> waiting for the time when I will finally be able to find again
> some nights for coding for fun, my appreciation is all I can give.

I realize I was somewhat obscure. I mean: my work (which is unrelated to
Apache) is keeping me too busy to find some time to actively contribute
to Corinthia. And this is the only reason keeping me from getting
involved in a project that, I believe, has a great potential.

Regards,
   Andrea.