From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Drill 0.6.0-incubating release
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 21:27:24 GMT
On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
> The standard practice has been drifting in incubator-land.

There's hardly any daylight between what Roy was recommending 8 years
ago and what we recommend today. (NOTICE should be minimal, only
bundled bits get documented in LICENSE and NOTICE, etc.)

It's true that podlings have gotten inconsistent advice in the past,
but we're doing better these days.

> My guess is that your next comment and mine as well is that it is really
> hard to keep track of these requirements as they shift over time.

Yeah, I feel this frustration.  It took way too much effort before I
felt a sense of mastery over this subject.

The addition of the Licensing How-To seems to have helped. Presumably
the completion of the release policy clarification initiative will
improve matters further.

(Gah, I have no time...)

Marvin Humphrey