From Chris Douglas <cdoug...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Falcon 0.5-incubating - RC5
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2014 21:48:44 GMT
On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Sorry but it's -1 (binding) from me.  Everything is good except that the jQuery has had
an Apache license header added to it.  (in ./html5-ui/js/jquery-1.11.0.min.js) If other incubator
members think this isn't a blocker I'll change my vote.

> jQuery is MIT licensed [1] so should be treated the same as the other bundled MIT bits
and put in LICENSE. (If the license could be changed to Apache then this would needed to have
been mentioned in NOTICE.)

Unfortunately, I think this is a fair catch.

Srikanth, we do *not* need another vote of the PPMC on the 0.5 release
if the only change is deleting this header and adding the jquery
license with the others. This should be a quick fix. Could you roll a
new RC with only this change, and start a new vote thread on
general@incubator? -C

> Here's what I checked:
> - File name contain incubating
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - LICENSE and NOTICE good (older version of bootstrap is handled correctly, if newer
version is used than LICENSE would need to change)