From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Tooling friendly incubator report
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 00:49:02 GMT
On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

>>> This is pretty much how it works now.  As I mentioned above, I am merely proposing
>>> that we use a more structured YAML file instead of a wiki page.
>>
>> On that note: I *really* would like to start using YAMLized version
>> for our Sep report.
>
> I think that we'll stick w/ the wiki for September's report.  We need to work out things
like where to put the YAML file.

Can I make a suggestion, please?

Would it be too much to ask to have YAML report *in addition*
with the regular wiki?

We should be absolutely clear that it is auxiliary, but I think
it will be a useful way for poddlings to familiarize themselves
with the structure of the YAML file and ease the transition
later on.

> Where should we put the YAML file.  It needs to be in a place where all committers have
R/W access.  I was thinking:

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/data/reports

This looks like as good place as any. Besides, changing that location
is one svn mv away ;-)

Thanks,
Roman.