From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code Donations and Committer Righs
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2014 17:16:06 GMT

On Sep 28, 2014, at 7:51 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> For some projects automatic committership may work, but given Flex's history with donations
it's probably not suitable choice of action.

I don’t see what’s different about Flex. The rationale to give them committer rights is
to increase the probability that the code will be maintained after the donation. If the new
committer does not follow through, there’s no harm done.

I’m also not sure what history you mean. The only donation that I know of that there was
no follow through was the Swiz donation.

Harbs