From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Tez from Apache Incubator to TLP
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 04:20:26 GMT
Hi Justin

Thanks for providing your feedback.

A couple of points that I wanted to check with you:
   - we generate the website from our master branch and not a release. Is that an issue -
if yes, I can go back and re-generate it from a previous release?
      - the 0.5 SNAPSHOT shows up on the website as a result of the above. If only displaying
the non-released version is an issue, I will look at options to try and not show it.
   - With respect to the members/committers on the team-list page, we use the maven-project-info-reports-plugin
which auto-generates the text ( same as this page :
      http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-project-info-reports-plugin/team-list.html ).
Will look to see if they have any customization hooks to change the wording.
   - Will remove other releases from the website. They have been removed from dist release
area but not from the website.

For all committer ICLAs, I believe as per http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#tez,
all folks should have filed ICLAs given that none of their names show up in italics
( most of them were committers in other apache projects ). Also, Tassapol is missing from
the list for some reason but he shows up in the incubator project list and has filed an ICLA.

thanks
— Hitesh

On Jun 30, 2014, at 11:45 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Looking good re activity, community and ability to make releases.
>
> Just took a quick look at the Tez web site. IMO there's a few things that need to be
fixed.
> - Missing clear incubation disclaimer - although it's a bit late as once your graduate
it's not needed :-) [1]
> - Remove older incubating releases link - only need to have a link to the latest.
> - Note version 0.5 SNAPSHOT in header. This is a release that hasn't been voted on so
should not be shown on the web site. see [2].