From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [IP CLEARANCE] BigCouch updates to Apache CouchDB
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2014 15:50:34 GMT
Hi Robert:

This looks generally acceptable - there are some items that are
missing in the form that I'd think would be helpful if added;
especially years down the road.

Specifically:
   Identify name recorded for software grant: the name of the grant as
record in the grants.txt  document so that the grant can be easily
identified

and;
   Verify distribution rights

   Corporations and individuals holding existing distribution rights:

   For individuals, use the name as recorded on the committers page

Also - there should be (at the end of the 72 hour period) two votes
listed at the bottom of the page FWIU. The first is the vote by the
project to accept the contribution and the second is this thread.
Brief browsing of the past month or so of dev@couchdb didn't reveal a
discussion of this; though I admit I looked quickly and not
thoroughly.

--David

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Robert Samuel Newson
<rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m asking for IP clearance to begin for the code donation from Cloudant, an IBM company,
to the Apache CouchDB project for our continued work on the BigCouch codebase. As noted in
the document at https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/couchdb-bigcouch2.html this is the
last year or so’s worth of developer effort. This will be merged to couchdb to form part
of the 2.0 release. From that point onwards, new work by Cloudant will be conducted within
the ASF repositories and on the ASF mailing lists.

> I included the message from secretary@ acknowledging Cloudant’s CCLA with completed
Schedule B for this donation.

Newson <rnewson@apache.org>

>> Dear Adam Kocoloski,
>>
>> This message acknowledges receipt of the following document, which has been filed
in the Apache Software Foundation records:

>>  CCLA from Cloudant, an IBM Company for Benjamin Anderson, Benjamin Bastain, Russel
Branca, Robert Dionne, Paul Davis, Robert Frazier, Adam Kocoloski, Brian Mitchell, Robert
Newson, Mike Rhodes, Perry Stoll, Joan Touzet, Mike Wallace