From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Blur version 0.2.3-incubating RC2
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 05:50:58 GMT
HI,

+1 binding

- vote correct (I assume so)
- md5 and signatures correct
- incubating in artefact name
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE correct (but a couple of minor things see below)
- no binary files in source release
- all source files have correct headers
- can compile from source

Minor things I noticed, you might (or might not) want to change these in a future release.
- Apache v2 software listed in LICENSE but not required as per [1]. But having them listed
does make reviewing easier, especially as you have both the MIT and Apache licensed versions
of bootcamp in your source distribution. Also means you can check if Apache Thrift NOTICE
has been taken into account (it has/nothing required).
- bootstrap is MIT license is since 3.2.0 (I think), not 3 as mentioned in LICENSE [2], 3.x
has been both Apache and MIT licensed
- There's some empty files  in distribution/src/main/resources-hadoop1/notices/ I assume that
because the bundled software in question doesn't have a NOTICE file?
- year in NOTICE is incorrect (2013 not 2014)
- one or two text files don't have Apache headers (eg distribution/src/main/scripts/conf/default_zoo.cfg)

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep
2. https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/commit/cb40a2ee8c88efdec0c35adf173cc96ba25db21e