From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Podling binding votes
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 03:44:38 GMT
My interpretation (and it's just that) is:

Example: Release Vote

A podling votes to release (VOTE email to dev@project). The PPMC and IPMC/PPMC (i.e. Mentors)
member votes are binding at the PPMC level. This means that those votes are binding and community
votes are non-binding.

If the PPMC vote passes, the release vote can proceed to the IPMC level (a VOTE email to general@).
At this point, PPMC votes are non-binding. Mentor (since mentors are by definition IPMC members)
and any non-mentor IPMC member votes can carry over and are binding. Then it's a matter of
getting enough additional binding IPMC votes to meet the requirement. At this point, PPMC
and community votes are non-binding.

Again, this is just my interpretation, and I may be off here.

-Taylor

> On Jul 24, 2014, at 6:57 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Anyone clarify this as it's not mentioned at [1].
>
> Whose votes are binding for releases on the podlings dev list? Obviously mentors and
PPMC members, but are IPMC members votes binding? I would assume so but don't see it stated
anywhere. Would Apache members votes be binding?

+1 IPMC votes, would a voted need to done on general @ incubator or not?