From Don Bosco Durai <bdu...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Argus Proposal
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 00:06:55 GMT
Hi JB

We will be centralizing the administration and auditing for Knox. And we will be also standardizing
the authentication for web applications for all components within Hadoop ecosystem, for which
we might consider Shiro. I would like to understand more about Syncope and see how production
ready it is...

The principle is to leverage existing security solutions where applicable. Even within Hadoop
complex eco-system, each components have limited or no security controls. Instead of re-inventing
everything, we will extend the core component security capabilities and add where needed.
So the security is uniform, plug able and scalable.

Providing a layered security along with central administration and auditing capabilities will
enhance the security, usability, enterprise integration, compliance, etc. which will lead
to more adoption of Apache Hadoop and projects working within its eco system.

Regards

Bosco

`
On Jul 16, 2014, at 12:12 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it looks interesting.
>
> Do you have an idea about the interactions with other projects (Knox, Shiro, Syncope,
whatever) ?

> Regards
> JB
>
> --