From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Incubator exit criteria
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 06:51:01 GMT
On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 11:46 PM, Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekhuis@gmail.com
> wrote:

> as the retirement criteria would IMO be too harsh for Celix when we
> started.

In a similar vein, Drill currently has about the same number of commits and
mail messages as Hive does, but hasn't had a release in a while.  They have
resolved >300 significant JIRA in the last 30 days alone.  I don't know
what bonafide change in the community is, but one could argue that just
adding committers isn't that.

A release is coming there, but I think that the criteria shouldn't need
special exceptional arguments.  The commit rate and JIRA resolution rates
are good distinctive marks that avoid this.