From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: DRAFT Board Report June 2014
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 01:04:43 GMT
On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014, at 11:40 AM, John D. Ament wrote:
>> The only thing I've noticed is that the dates of the releases are
>> missing.  I'm not sure that's a big requirement though.
>
> You mean the final release date, or the length of the vote? Marvin had
> said that was optional (length of vote) and I don't see release dates in
> previous reports from April/May.
>
> However, I can add dates tonight if that's OK with everyone - I don't
> think that piece is substantial enough to prevent a review prior to
> sending to the board.

The dates are a nice-to-have, IMO.

However, there's one release-related factoid that *definitely* belongs in the
report: ODF Toolkit's release was approved using the alternative voting
process worked out last November/December.  I believe that's the first
official release in the history of the Foundation that passed with binding
votes by non-PMC members.

Marvin Humphrey