From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Do we still need release metrics as part of the report?
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 22:26:41 GMT
On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> first of all, let me start with, once again, expressing
>> tremendous gratitude to our report managers: John
>> and Marvin. Solid (and at times not quite appreciated)
>> work!
>
> Please add Joe Brockmeier to that list.  Thanks for joining us, Joe!

Indeed!

> I have no objection to including the stats if someone feels strongly
> enough to compile them, but I think we should ensure we're channeling
> enough energy into educating podlings being underserved by the IPMC
> that there is a way for them to take control of their destiny.

I'll use this as a guiding principle for this month' report then. I'll
be submitting at around 10pm PST tonight. If anybody has spare
cycles to collect these metrics -- I'd love to review and submit
those in the final report.

IOW, from now on -- they will be considered optional.

> PS: Roman, if Joe doesn't get around to adding a blurb about ODF
> Toolkit's release using the alternate process before you submit the
> report to the Board, please add one yourself. (See
> <http://s.apache.org/q7>.)

Done!

Thanks,
Roman.