From Julian Hyde <julianh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spam
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 01:08:55 GMT
It's laudable that you should give this individual the benefit of the doubt. I agree, the motivation
is not as simple as malicious spam. But their behavior has been disruptive.

Maybe contact them and ask them why they want to be on the list? We don't want to ban "people",
but the entity behind this email address has done little to persuade me that they are a person.

Julian

On Jun 22, 2014, at 2:06 PM, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:

> Julian,
>
> There are a few more messages from this sender in the moderator queue
> that I'm looking at, and while I agree they don't add a great deal of
> value, I'm struggling to see the goal if they are (malicious) spam.
>
> I'm guessing we don't want to ban people for being misguided, or lack of
> insight :)
>
> Tim
>
> On 21/06/14 00:37, Julian Hyde wrote:
>> The dozen or so messages from abiola balogun <a_guccioo@me.com> on this list
in the past month have been monosyllabic non sequiturs [1]. I think he/she/it is a spam bot
and propose that he/she/it be removed from the list.