From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Falcon version 0.5-incubating
Date Sat, 24 May 2014 15:39:54 GMT
Hi,

> We will take care of this for the next release. Is this a blocker for the
> release?
I'm willing to see other people thoughts on it - but it's likely to be so.

I am also willing to change my vote if someone with more experience than me says it's OK for
now.

>> There's a binary in the release
> This is in test source and is used to run a workflow which only uses jar
> files. Again, since this is part of test code, is this a blocker for the
> release?
IMO yes having a jar in a source release is a blocker - even if it is used for testing.

It there anyway you can include the source and/or compile it?

> You mean the file names in the release should have apache as the prefix?
It's not mandated but does give some extra legal protection.[1]

> Maven Doxia plugin fails to convert to html if we add the headers. Will
> explore.
Perhaps add a README or similar that states all files in this directory are under ALv2 and
the reason why the headers can't be added?

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice