From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Report Clarifications
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 00:48:26 GMT
On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 6:53 PM, John D. Ament <john.d.ament@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Podlings!
>
> Was wondering if I could get some clarifications:
>
> - Phoneix, you're about to graduate and your reporting period was set to 1.
>   You provided a report this month.  I'm assuming it was done to provide
>   graduation info?  I'm not going to change your reporting period at this
>   time.

The Board welcomes out-of-band reports from TLPs in addition to their
quarterly required reports.  Such reports don't generally result in
modifications to the reporting schedule.  Seems to me as though the Incubator
should follow the Board's lead.

> - Ripple, you provided a report but it didn't follow the standard template.
>   Is this in fact the report you want to provide to the board?  You're
>   currently on monthly.  If this is the report you want to provide, I'll
>   move you to period 2 and take it as is.

Reports which don't follow the standard template are generally still
acceptable.  They sometimes make review a little harder because important
information may be missing, but IMO this month's Ripple report is informative
and should be forwarded as is.

With regards to moving Ripple's reporting schedule, what we normally do is
just remove the "monthly" attribute once a late podling reports, and they go
back to their old schedule.  That typically means that the next report will be
due in 1-2 months (which is OK).

Marvin Humphrey