From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Slider into the incubator
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2014 19:52:58 GMT
On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:
> Not necessarily in this case (I do not know), sometimes I wonder if
> incubation proposals having significant overlap with existing projects are
> simply a shorter path to getting up and running on the desired objectives
> instead of joining existing projects through establishment of merit and
> committerships.

That's actually a great point. The way I look at it is this: there's nothing
wrong with an alternative healthy community, but it has to be healthy.
So I guess what I'm really saying is this: it may behove us to double
click into the health of community for these types of overlapping projects
when it is time for them to graduate.

Thanks,
Roman.