From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Pros and Cons of incubation requiring 2 mailing list migrations
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 09:51:28 GMT
Andy Konwinski wrote:
> However, as Apache, we don't ask the project to move mailing lists only
> once, we ask them to move twice: once when entering the incubator and once
> at graduation. Though the second move is easier, it is still painful in our
> case since (unless I'm missing something) you can't migrate a nabble
> mailing list from the @incubator.apache.org to @apache.org and so now the
> history of our projects email archives will be spread out over three
> different locations.

You needn't reconfigure it, since the old (incubator) address is turned
into an alias for the new one: for example,
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.ooo-dev
has an "incubator" reference in the URL, but it reflects the current
archives of dev-AT-openoffice.apache.org.

Of course, this is not nice and not clear: I'm simply pointing out that
you needn't reconfigure it.

Regards,
   Andrea.