From Joseph Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Usergrid BaaS Stack for Apache Incubator
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 04:39:09 GMT
Honestly the point that keeps getting missed here is
that everything we do at Apache proceeds at a notoriously
slow pace so people can adjust accordingly.  All things
considered, would it be better if Sanjiva and colleagues
ASKED to be included in the proposal instead of just adding
themselves in an ad hoc fashion?  In this case, perhaps so,
but not because this is settled law, but because there is
significant skepticism and doubt that really doesn't belong
in a place like Apache.  Too much time is being wasted on
appearances and lip service is being paid to folks with
well-established levels of trust and expertise on how to
collaborate and ultimately govern here.

99% of the time attracting the talent of existing committers
is a welcome event, even when one of them is a CEO who is pushing
a few people along.  This is no big deal folks, and shouldn't be
treated like one.  Competing corps collaborate every day here on a
mutually successful basis, and I fully expect that to continue to
be the case with this polling no matter what process is used to
setup the initial committer list.