From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Incubator reorg ideas: sub-groups per technology?
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 22:58:18 GMT
Apologies if this horse has been beaten already, but... have we
discussed the concept of splitting incubator operations into a handful
of separate groups, based on technology areas?

I.e. while the IPMC or ComDev or whoever would still set policy and
provide community best practice guidance.  But then separate mailing
lists/groups would provide actual oversight of podlings (incoming,
mentoring, graduating).  These would be based on rough technology areas:
java, hadoop, servers, UI, whatever.

That way, people could participate in governance oversight and mentoring
in focus areas that they care about, and not have to immediately deal
with the many other podlings that are not related in terms of
technology/interest areas.

Obviously there's a lot about coordinating suggested feedback on
policies, best practices, etc. between the groups and the core
IPMC/ComDev., but it would (hopefully) result in most of the groups
being much quieter, and more focused.

- Shane, off to make a G&T