From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release MRUnit version 0.8.0-incubating
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 18:06:14 GMT
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 January 2012 17:49, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:
>> +1 sig/xsum match up, tested clean and RAT reports fine.
>>
>> It's a bit odd to me that there are two source release artifacts here
>> (one archived with tar/gz the other with zip), I've not seen that for
>> other projects. Typically you want to have a single source release
>> artifact. You could then create "convenience artifacts" off that.
>
> Having multiple archive types is very common in other ASF projects.

Ok, but that means that we need to verify/vote on both, correct? (we
can do them together, I'm just saying that it requires more reviewer
work than just verifying the single artifact).

>> I verified that the contents of the two artifacts are  exactly the
>> same, just differing archiving tools.
>
> Or possibly also differing in EOL setting, e.g.
> Windows more commonly has zip support, so source may have EOL=CRLF
> Un*x systems more commonly support tar/gz, so source may have EOL=LF.

In this case the files are exactly the same, there is no difference
btw the contents of the two archives (which makes verification
simpler).

Patrick