From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: -1 on this months board report (was: Small but otherwise happy podlings)
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:06:20 GMT
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Stuart Monteith <stukato@stoo.me.uk> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>        Does not having the report forwarded imply being pushed out of the incubator?
As far as I can tell, the point being made was that there was nothing going on in the project,
and so nothing should be reported - I'll leave Benson to clarify.

> Contrary to how things work here in the Incubator, at least 6
> Directors read each and every report that is forwarded to the Board
> monthly.  Apparently Benson feels that it is unreasonable to expect at
> least one Incubator PMC member to actually read the one report that
> this PMC sends on.  Yes, I'm irritated.

Sam,

This is the last response I'm going to send into any thread on this
topic, since I despair of ever writing anything that you don't
interpret as some sort of a faux pas.

The most recent message that bothered you was, really, just a
paraphrase of email from Bertrand from some time ago. Why you thought
that my remark about IPMC members reading podling reports as some sort
of comment on the behavior of board members is, honestly, a mystery to
me. Not, let me add, a mystery that I have any enthusiasm for
unravelling.

It is tempting for me to again summarize the discussion between (at
least) Joe, Bertrand, and (quite minimally) me, but it seems a waste
of electrons.

I am going to concentrate on the podlings that I'm responsible for,
and when their number declines slightly I'll turn up and endeavor to
be helpful with others. This discussion has plenty of opinion to go
around without mine, and I regret joining it, let alone trying to
start a thread discussing something else.

--benson

> A number of times a year the board rejects a report for one reason or
> another.  In each case, we do not kick the project out, we simply ask
> that a corrected report be submitted the next month.  In extreme
> cases, we as a project to go back to a monthly reporting schedule.
>
>> I'll back up what Ant said - Robert and Ant have shown heroic patience as mentors
on this project. The situation will resolve itself one way or the other soon.