From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Q. Forks without concensus?; A. anytime / depends / never without agreement
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 03:59:34 GMT
On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> It isn't a vocal minority.  Not a single person outside of WANdisco
> considered it a good idea.  Not one.  Yes, most of the people commenting
> were the implementers of plug-ins, but they are also supposed to be
> part of the Bloodhound proposal.

This sounds more and more like an example of "Fascination of the
Apache brand", as a lever for commercial interest.
I agree with Roy that this is bad taste, and I wish WANdisco simply
makes a commercial derivative, OR even a commercially backed, open
source licensed derivative on GitHub, which may build traction with a
larger community and we can discuss it again...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I live here; http://tinyurl.com/3xugrbk