incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Nick Burch <>
Subject Re: ODF Toolkit Incubation Pre-Proposal
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 14:51:13 GMT
On Fri, 1 Jul 2011, Rob Weir wrote:
> We continue to discuss moving this work to Apache.  Feedback so far has 
> been to try for an eventual TLP.  We're starting to draft the Incubation 
> proposal.  We talked to the maintainer of the C#/AODL component and he 
> confirmed that it is not really active anymore.  He might move it to 
> bitbucket.  So our plan will be to propose moving only the Java 
> components over to Apache,

I'm happy to help with mentoring this proposal. Let me know if you need a 
hand with drafting the proposal.

In terms of an eventual TLP goal, and POI interaction/integration, that's 
something we can all discuss and decide during the incubation process

> Also, we just announced a new release (more info below) and are
> starting work on our next release, which is targeted to add support
> for document encryption and digital signatures.

One thing to be aware of is that your first release at Apache is always 
much much harder than every subsequent one! There's a lot to be said for 
doing a small, incremental release ASAP to get the process sorted, rather 
than trying to tackle the release when there's lots of exciting features 
blocked by (say) a missing license and a broken signature!


To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message