From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some advice needed on JSPWiki package names
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 22:33:59 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalkanen@ecyrd.com> wrote:
> We've got some fairly hackish ways around this (which cause pain), so the
> question to Incubator folks is - can we use a different package name than
> "org.apache.jspwiki" for our project, or does it require a full rename of
> the project itself?

I don't see any big problems with this as long as there's a good
reason like the one you encountered (ouch!). The proposed
org.apache.wiki should be fine as a package name.

For example the Apache HttpComponents project uses org.apache.http as
their package name.

The proposed org.apache.JSPWiki looks also fine.

BR,

Jukka Zitting