From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: Incubator Project Dissolution for NMaven
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 15:11:50 GMT

On 13-Nov-08, at 2:23 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 6:50 AM, Jason Van Zyl <jason@maven.org>
> wrote:
>> Do we have an official process for dissolving a project in the
>> incubator?
>>
>> We had a vote amongst the IPMC members for NMaven yesterday and 3/4
>> IPMC
>> members voted to dissolve the NMaven project and take it out of the
>> incubator.
>
> Uhhh.... I have not seen any vote regarding NMaven in the Incubator
> PMC. I must assume you meant PPMC or perhaps even Maven PMC.

Sorry, the NMaven IPMC.

>> Is there any official process or do we just update the documentation?
>
> I think that you have Incubator PMC consensus, so unless someone
> yells, documentation needs to be updated. Off my head;
>
> * STATUS page -> Add a note that it is retired.
> * Website (if any), saying that Incubation retired.
> * site-author/stylesheets/project.xml  -> Remove NMaven link.
> * site-author/projects/index.xml  -> Move it to Retired section.
> * Reporting Schedule -> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule
>

> Cheers
> Niclas

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

   -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance