incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Janne Jalkanen <>
Subject Re: Again: The Maven Repository
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:04:18 GMT
> It sounds as if waiting at the last possible second to move from
> org.jsecurity.* to org.apache.jsecurity.* is the best option for us.
> That way we can move over to the Apache SVN as soon as possible, but
> impact the existing community only when absolutely necessary.

This is what we decided with JSPWiki as well - since renaming the  
packages is going to cause massive breakage of all 3rd party apps  
anyway, we'll use it as an opportunity to refactor some of the APIs  
in order to avoid a double breakage in concurrent versions.

In the mean time, we'll release using the old mechanism through - we'll just use Apache processes and infra to train  
ourselves in the Apache way of working while we transition everything  
under the Apache license (which we BTW completed just this week - if  
you check out the trunk, there should be no more LGPL dependencies  
around ;-).


To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message