From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release CXF 2.0.5-incubator
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:26:31 GMT

On Mar 31, 2008, at 11:06 AM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:

> On 3/31/08, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>>> May I suggest resolving this via Legal discuss?
>>> It's also pretty easy to add the two files to SVN...
>> Nice to have but, as I think Guillaume pointed out, still an evolving
>> issue.  Certainly not deserving a veto.
>
> AFIAK, releases can't be vetoed. So if enough folks think this release
> is good to go, it is good to go.
>
> From the voting policy [1]:
>
> <snip>
> Votes on Package Releases
>
> Votes on whether a package is ready to be released follow a format
> similar to majority approval -- except that the decision is officially
> determined solely by whether at least three +1 votes were registered.
> *Releases may not be vetoed.* Generally the community will table the
> vote to release if anyone identifies serious problems, but in most
> cases the ultimate decision, once three or more positive votes have
> been garnered, lies with the individual serving as release manager.
> The specifics of the process may vary from project to project, but the
> 'minimum of three +1 votes' rule is universal.
> </snip>
>
> Please note the *Releases may not be vetoed.* part.
>
> Martijn
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

Thanks.  My bad.  I should have not used to word, veto.

I, along with Guillaume, enjoin Sebb to reconsider his vote which
seems to be based on preferences and not policy.  Preferences are the
purvey of the project community, not the Incubator PMC, and should be
worked out in the former, not during a vote.

The Incubator needs to minimize the laborious nature of releases while
focusing on IP clearance and community health.

Regards,
Alan