From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Statements from Qpid mentors would help me decide... [WAS Re: [VOTE] Apache Qpid Graduation as TLP]
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 00:42:31 GMT
Hi Rupert,

This statement convinces me that you are an independent committer on
the project. I think it would be good for everyone on the qpid project
who consider themselves to be independent to post a similar statement.

I'd probably go further, and ask that the statements be included in
the "who we are" section of the public qpid incubator project site.

I think this would go a long way toward making the incubator pmc
members more comfortable about the diversity of the project.

I understand that some consulting contracts have explicit clauses that
require that the consultant *not* publicize their working
relationships with clients. But I think that it's possible for qpid
committers to make statements similar to Rupert's below, to the effect
that even though they might have worked on a project that used qpid,
or were at some point paid to work on qpid, that their current
contributions and activities are on their own nickel. And I hope that
Rupert doesn't get into trouble with JPMC over this disclosure.

Craig