From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: KEYS file in distribution
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:40:59 GMT
On 18.03.2008, at 15:50, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> source distributions should be identical to the contents of version
> control
> when the release is cut.

Where does this rule come from?

I wonder because with CouchDB, source tarballs are created through the
GNU-Autotools based build process, rather than being a raw `svn
export` of the release tag. We don't keep the auto*-generated
configure/make files in the repository (they are generated files after
all), but do include them in source tarballs to limit build-time
dependencies and make the build process easier for the user.

I guess we could start checking in the generating build files into SVN
if that's required. But maybe you can back that statement up a bit
before we do so?

Christopher Lenz
   cmlenz at gmx.de
   http://www.cmlenz.net/