From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Hama Proposal
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 02:04:22 GMT

On Mar 24, 2008, at 1:56 AM, edward yoon wrote:

> Dear IPMC,
>
> I´m still waiting for hadoop's answer, but IMO, I would like to
> continue to discuss this.
> Apache (incubator) Pig project is built on top of Hadoop, but it is
> not a hadoop sub-project.
>
> Each different concept of project has inherently different
> characteristics for its domain,
> so by knowing the concept of project, we can get a clear view of
> their project.
> I think hama applies in this case, too.

Seems reasonable to bring it back here at this point, since Hadoop has
not responded.

Can you fill in the background on the 4 proposed committers a bit?  Do
you all work together or not?  It's not clear from the proposal, as it
seems to suggest that you don't (Homogenous Devs section), but then
later in the Reliance on Salaried Devs it suggests that you 3 of you
do, but it may just be I am misreading the proposal.

-Grant