From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of Apache Abdera 0.4.0-incubating (updated)
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:02:08 GMT
sebb wrote:

> -1: There are MD5 and SHA1 digests in the directory, but the archives
> have no signatures.

OK, I will fix this.
>>  Maven Repository: http://people.apache.org/~dandiep/abdera-take6/
>>

> -0: The abdera-bundle-0.4.0-incubating-sources.jar does not appear to
> have any content - only the META-INF directory is present. Is that
> correct?

This is just a by-product of Maven. We can delete it.
> -1: The NOTICE files in that jar (and others) contains far too much.
> The NOTICE file is for required attribtions ONLY (e.g. as per an About box)
> There's really no need to repeat ASF for each project used by Abdera.

Having too much information in the NOTICE files is not a crime. The
Maven remote-resources plugin aggregates all this stuff for us so we
never miss any notice that we need to put in.
> -1: The LICENSE files need to either contain copies of the 3rd party
> licenses, or they need to have a reference to the 3rd party licences.
> Equally, there is no need for the lib directory to contain copies of
> the AL for every ASF product.

Why does the LICENSE file need to have a copy of all the other licenses?
These are contained in the lib/ directory like many other ASF projects.

Re: the ASL license in lib/ - once again having too much information is
not a crime. This is a service to uesrs so they know where the libraries
came from.
> -1: RAT report says:
>
> 99 Unknown Licenses
>
> Some of these are trivial, but most require an AL header.

Not true - there is not consensus that properties/xml files need to have
headers. All the Java source code files have headers. If there are
specific files that you feel should have a license that don't please
list them and explain why. I'm not saying that we didn't miss something,
but I am saying that the ones that I know about don't necessarily
require a header.
> What is the SVN tag that corresponds with the archives?

the branch will be tagged once its released.

Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource