From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Statements from Qpid mentors would help me decide... [WAS Re: [VOTE] Apache Qpid Graduation as TLP]
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:18:53 GMT

I am not going to argue this either way, as this is mostly subjective. I
will point out that Qpid does have a steady stream of people that are
not associated with any of the existing committiers including some new
folks starting to provide patches as recently as last week. This would
indicate to me that the Qpid comminuty will continue to grow. Thank you
for your consideration in our Graduation.

regards
Carl

Scott Deboy wrote:
> I would expect to see proof of qpid's ability to grow their committership and build a
user community before leaving the incubator.  There's no track record of either at the moment.

> According to incubator-general mail archives, qpid voted in 4 committers since April
of 2007.  Additionally, those folks don't appear active on the qpid developer list.

> The 'diversity' question was partially answered, but it's still a concern for me.
>
> I imagine it'll be hard to attract new folks to qpid when they're mostly corporate-sponsored,
and some of those sponsorships -can't- be transparent to the ASF.  They'll probably be able
to attract committers, but the new committers will probably come from other corporate sponsors.

> Scott Deboy
> COMOTIV SYSTEMS
> 111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
> Portland, OR  97201