From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Graduation resolution feedback - Qpid as TLP
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 15:31:22 GMT
Luciano Resende wrote:
> Have you guys been following the Graduation Guide [1][2], I was
> checking the status page [3] for getting information around QPid and
> it seems outdated.

yes, I used the guide and we completed a process to clean up Karma and
updated the status page a few weeks ago. Cliff had worked with us on
most of the items
on the status page early on, thus the dates a while back. We however did
not rush
to graduate so that we could get the apache processes down and benefit
from the great
input we have had from out mentors.

> Also, just out of curiosity, how are you guys doing regarding
> diversity, there was some discussion in the past suggesting that
> podlings should start disclosing members affiliation when entering and
> exiting incubation.

There was a thread on this, which if you like I can did up -- problem is
that it might have
been miss-titled so it will take me a bit of digging to find it.

The summary is as follows, we have added quite a large number of
commiters throughout the
project, just prior to graduation our Mentors suggested we use a
community process to clean -up
our Karma before graduating. This has been done and removed some 10+
inactive names off the list, which
brings the committer count to 20. These are employed by multiple
organizations.

It should also be noted that we have received substantial contributions
from 6 other people that are
credited at http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/people.html

> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
> [2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#notes-status

We have completed all the step at the bottom of the page on:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/qpid.html

Is it required to edit in comments on the no date items at the bottom of
that page? -- If so we can do so.
Carl.