From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduation resolution feedback - Qpid as TLP
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 18:36:55 GMT
On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Upayavira <uv@odoko.co.uk> wrote:

>  On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 12:12 +0800, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>  > On Saturday 01 March 2008 22:18, sebb wrote:
>  > > None of the mentors seem to be included.
>  > > Perhaps this is normal for graduating podlings?
>  >
>  > Often Mentors have no direct involvement in the codebase being produced, and
>  > therefor no vested interested of committership/PMC.
>  >
>  > However, I, as a IPMC member, would expect the mentors to "hang around" the
>  > graduated PMC (for TLPs) a while after the graduation just to provide support
>  > if needed, and make sure everything is running smoothly.
>
>  I would go one further - I'd expect at least some of the mentors to be
>  members of the graduated PMC for some time. Without that, it is quite
>  possible that we have a PMC that has no ASF members on it (of course,
>  not all mentors are ASF members). Given that ASF members are the glue
>  that keep the foundation together, having some members on every PMC is
>  important.

And in fact is the one form question that gets asked by the board when
looking at the resolutions - "Who are the members?".

We're uncomfortable with new TLPs that are disjunct from the rest of
the foundation. So when a project lacks people who are known in other
parts of the foundation, then one of the board members volunteers to
go mentor them etc. Much easier if the preceding mentors hang around a
bit longer :)

Hen