From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve Apache XAP 0.5.0 Release
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 23:58:27 GMT
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 4:01 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip/>

There seem to be several copies of some files, e.g.

> dojo.js.uncompressed.js
> custom_rhino.jar
> flash6_gateway.fla

Hmm, custom_rhino.jar is an interesting one. Prior to version 1.6R5, I
believe Rhino was MPL licensed, and as of 1.6R5 it is dual licensed under
MPL and GPL. It is coming to XAP through Dojo. Do we know which version of
Rhino this is?

If it's 1.6R5 or later, how does a dual MPL / GPL license work in an ASF
project? Does the ASF have to pick one of the licenses, and are we allowed
to do that? Can we distribute something that's potentially GPL licensed?

--
Martin Cooper