From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Kaolin (renamed from Dimensions)
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2008 20:07:13 GMT
Hi,

On Jan 24, 2008 9:56 PM, Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petrelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kaolin natural place is as an Apache Tiles extension, [...]

As far as I can tell from the Dimension project statistics on
SourceForge (commits only by you, and no mailing list, forum, or issue
tracker activity) it seems like Kaolin is at the moment your personal
project. Is there interest in growing an independent Kaolin community,
or should the codebase perhaps just be contributed (with a software
grant) as an add-on component to Apache Tiles?

> ===== Community =====
>
> Kaolin community will be, probably, Apache Tiles community.

What is the current Kaolin community?

> ==== Known Risks ====
>
> ===== Orphaned products =====
>
> There is a risk of making Kaolin an orphaned product, but most
> probably it will follow Apache Tiles steps. Since Tiles is widely
> adopted in Java EE applications, it is difficult that Kaolin will be
> abandoned.

How does this relate to the fact that the latest Dimensions news and
releases are from year 2005?

Note that for all I know Kaolin could be one of the hidden gems of
open source, but without some more background I'm a bit concerned
about the apparent lack of general interest or community around the
codebase.

BR,

Jukka Zitting