From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Write-up on release signing/verification
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:17:10 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hola,
> That's cool, and very considerate of you to take the time to document
> your process.  Thank you.
>
> However, I'm not sure that we need to duplicate what's already
> documented and followed by most ASF projects:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases and its links.  Instead, we should
> work to update, amend, and extend that set of documents as applicable.
>
> Yoav

Hi Yoav,

so what do you propose?  The "signing releases" page does have all the
info, but it's not very newbie friendly.  The FAQ style is appropriate
if you already know your stuff in principle, but want to look up
something specific.  I was trying to give a bit more of a sequential
presentation.  If there is a general place where this content should go,
I'd be happy to help with that.

The other question I had was about the user side of things.  Is there a
place where this has been described already?  I'd be more than happy to
just link to existing content, or help create content that describes the
user side of things in a general way.

--Thilo