incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Hiram Chirino" <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:24:41 GMT
CXFilre sounds good to me ;-)

On 6/21/06, Justin Erenkrantz <> wrote:
> On 6/21/06, Dan Diephouse <> wrote:
> > Currently the plan is to leave both the old websites & docs will at the
> > old locations. And XFire will be making release until Celtixfire
> > releases a .0 release. I think Celtix will probably make some 1.x or
> > 1.0.x releases as well.
> Given that, I think it's probably prudent to consider alternative names.
> > Is this official policy? Or do we just need to come to some consensus as
> > to whether or not this will be confusing for our users?
> Our naming policy is to strive very hard not to conflict with any
> other projects.  If those projects are going to continue independently
> of CeltiXfire, then I'd view that as a conflict we should avoid.
> Think about this from a user's perspective: What is the 'right'
> version to use?  Celtix?  XFire? CeltiXFire?  It'd seem very hard to
> easily explain to the user what's going on.  Therefore, I think
> renaming may be the best strategy to take.  It's not a decision that
> has to be made right now, but I do think it's something that should be
> strongly considered before graduation.  -- justin
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> For additional commands, e-mail:



To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message