incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Justin Erenkrantz" <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 21:30:45 GMT
On 6/21/06, Dan Diephouse <> wrote:
> Currently the plan is to leave both the old websites & docs will at the
> old locations. And XFire will be making release until Celtixfire
> releases a .0 release. I think Celtix will probably make some 1.x or
> 1.0.x releases as well.

Given that, I think it's probably prudent to consider alternative names.

> Is this official policy? Or do we just need to come to some consensus as
> to whether or not this will be confusing for our users?

Our naming policy is to strive very hard not to conflict with any
other projects.  If those projects are going to continue independently
of CeltiXfire, then I'd view that as a conflict we should avoid.

Think about this from a user's perspective: What is the 'right'
version to use?  Celtix?  XFire? CeltiXFire?  It'd seem very hard to
easily explain to the user what's going on.  Therefore, I think
renaming may be the best strategy to take.  It's not a decision that
has to be made right now, but I do think it's something that should be
strongly considered before graduation.  -- justin

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message