incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept Cayenne into incubator
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:29:42 GMT

On Mar 2, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Cris Daniluk wrote:

>> On 3/2/06, Andrus Adamchik <> wrote:
>>> I'd like to call a vote on our incubator proposal. There hasn't been
>>> any negative feedback so far, we found mentors, and we are eager to
>>> move ahead with the process.
>> No negative feedback, but I thought we agreed on the DB project as  
>> the
>> first destination, and then possibly a TLP later?
> I think the consensus was that a decision would be made when (and
> hopefully once) Cayenne graduates from Incubation. We are under the
> impression (from comments in the previous thread) that a decision does
> not need to be made until then.

Not quite. For example, say that, for some reason, during
Incubation the DB project changes it's mind. Since it's not
the Sponsoring project, it places Cayenne and the
Incubator in a bad position.

If DB is willing to be the graduating PMC, it is easier to
change graduation from a sub-project to a TLP rather
than the reverse.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message