From Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] AJAX Toolkit Proposal - Updated
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:25:20 GMT
Hola,
I'll chime in with some name ideas just for consideration ;)

> >> And fwiw, I like 'Jambaloo' as a name but probably that's just me ;-)

Mmm, yeah, maybe that's just you ;)

> natural preference towards Japanese names, though,
> so I'll suggest "Kabuki". :)

Kabuki is not bad, though somewhat old-fashioned, no?

Here are a couple of Japanese ones:
- abarenbo (a hooligan ;))
- aite (the person/entity with which you share something: nice for
AJAX since it does depend on some server-side stuff, whatever language
you choose)
- gumbai (ancient, hand-crafted fan used by sumo referees, and yes,
most of my knowledge of japanese comes from being a sumo fan)
- haru (spring, as in rebirth)
- ketsudan (determination)
- yukata (summer kimono, connotation of lightweight, airy...)

--
Yoav Shapira
System Design and Management Fellow